HOWE Furniture was founded in 1928 in Connecticut by Harold Howe. Inspired by the early Bauhaus movement – and the principle of form following function – HOWE started out making just about any furniture that was simple and outstandingly flexible. HOWE takes pride in continuing to explore this modern design tradition.
40/4 Chair by Howe w/ Detachable Writing Tablet
David Rowland’s 40/4 chair is arguably the most significant chair design of the past 50 years.
Over 8 million chairs have been sold since its introduction in 1964. Honoured with numerous design awards, and exhibited in several museums all over the world, the 40/4 chair is widely appealing. Whether you go for its excellent ergonomic features, its graceful lines and durability or its unique space-saving attributes, there are at least 40 good reasons to choose this design icon.
Renowned for its unsurpassed stacking and handling characteristics combined with its elegant and spare aesthetic, 40/4 is rightly a great favourite of specifying architects and designers. With seats and backs in polyamide, finely crafted wood veneer or as upholstered version, 40/4 does great service across the board in schools, universities, churches and cathedrals, as well as in corporate offices, conference centres and training establishments.
Colour: Blue Eyes
- Polyamide back & seat
- Broad 3D seat and back encourage correct seating posture
- Waterfall front does not cut off blood circulation on back thighs
- Polished chrome
- 11mm solid rod frame, strength without compromising design
- Available with arm attachment for desk top
Terms of Quote
- Payment can be made via EFTPOS, Bank Deposit or Cash on collection (note: please bring correct amount as no cash is kept on premises)
- Payments and collections must be made within 7 Days
- Delivery available for a fee on request or buyer to arrange their own transport
- Inspections are welcome prior to purchase
- Please note some orders require packing and sorting preparation time before they can be collected. (Please give sufficient notice on an order prior to pick up to ensure your order is ready)
- All items are second hand/pre-owned and may show signs of wear (i.e. scruff marks and scratches)
- All items are sold as seen - once the item has been picked up no returns will be accepted (inspection is recommended)
- Installation available for a fee on request